One thing that strikes me as alarming is how scared others become when faced with earnestness and sincerity. You may think this the beginning to an homage to oscar wilde. it is not. he needs no homage from me, and fond as I am of Mr. Wilde, his skewed and obtuse cynicism is exactly the thing that shocks me.
I recall as a child the bewilderment i felt when i understood that people said things they didn't mean. Not lying, I understood that innately, lying is a story telling or hypnosis in which the liar and the lie-ee both consent to bend reality. But that's another thought for another time. No, the thing that shocked me was how people who cared about a thing would forsake it when challenged by their peers, or how people would flash the hallmarks of sincerity or fondness for things and people they were indifferent to. I say i was bewildered, in truth I never stopped being. Only I learned to recognise the disingenuousness. It's still alien to me and, as far as I can see, a waste of a perfectly good opportunity to declare the things you love or even better yet to get more things in your life to love.
All for now.
I.Q.L.
No comments:
Post a Comment